3 Reasons why you should bake & try this delicious cake!
Hello, Pretty girl!
Any important celebrations coming up? Birthday parties? Meeting with your girlfriends? Or maybe you just love baking?
Here are 3 simple reasons why you should bake this amazing cake!
1. It's low in calories and carbs recipe! But is also high in fibre!
2. Healthy alternative and a cake that provides you with energy! This cake is rich in Vitamin A & Beta-carotene!
3. We added the gut-loving goodness of probiotics and prebiotics (Pretty Pod Powder)
1 cup Sweet Potato (large sweet potato 🍠)
1 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/2 cup organic Cocoa Powder
1/4 tspn salt
1/4 tspn baking powder
2 eggs 🥚
1 egg white
1 tspn Vanilla bean paste
1/2 cup Organic Coconut Oil
1/2 cup Organic Maple Syrup
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 tspn Pretty Pod Collagen powder
1 tspn of ground coffee of choice
Coco - Avo ganache
1/2 cup Organic cocoa powder
1/2 cup Organic maple syrup
250 g Dark chocolate melts
1/3 cup of cream
* Preheat oven to 180°C
* Cake fits 9” round tin or 2 x 6” round tins
- To start Peel & boil down sweet potato until soft. Mash & put aside in a mixing bowl to cool.
- In a separate mixing bowl add all dry ingredients together ( coconut flour, salt, cocoa powder, baking powder, pretty pod collagen & ground coffee). Mix to combine.
- Add all wet ingredients to the bowl containing the sweet potato mash ( eggs, maple syrup, coconut milk, coconut oil & vanilla) mix well to combine. Now add all dry ingredients and mix well until fully incorporated!
- Place mixture into pre-greased pan (or pans) and bake for 45 mins. Allow cake to cool to room temperature before removing it from the pan.
Cocoa Avo ganache method
Pulse avocado, maple syrup and cocoa powder in a food processor or NutriBullet until smooth.
In a heatproof bowl combine dark chocolate & cream and melt together in the microwave for 30-second intervals; mixing in between each time.
Once completely melted and smooth, gold in the coco - Avo mixture until fully incorporated. Allow to cool & then add to the cake 🙌🏼
We hope you'll like this recipe as much as we do!! For more delicious and pretty baking recipes follow @acucarmumma on Instagram!