Obsessed with having a perfect skin? Well, let me tell you a TRUE FACT: Keeping your skin hydrated is one of the essential steps in your skincare routine.
Did you know that consuming an unhealthy diet lacking essential nutrients, your skin may show signs of flakiness and dryness? Yes, That's right! Skin hydration is very important because it allows your skin to hold moisture. Not a secret that supple and youthful skin gives a stunning, radiant glow! Keep reading these interesting tips on how to achieve your skin goals this year!
7 TIPS TO NATURALLY HYDRATE YOUR SKIN
1. WE KNOW that this might be a challenge in wintertime, but it's quite important to avoid washing your face with hot water because it dries out your skin resulting in micro-tears.
2. Try not washing your face early morning, natural oils of your skin keep your skin hydrated! You might need to find another way to wake up in the mornings but believe me, your face will thank you! Cleansers are not essential, they make your skin alkaline which can result in dehydrated and dry skin.
3. Include occlusive and humectants in your skincare routine as they let water to bind to your skin. Natural humectants, like glycerin or Aloe Vera, may help skin hydration and help skin look supple. Natural occlusive like mango butter, shea butter, coconut oil, and others support the skin barrier allowing it to attain more water.
4. When it comes to makeup, apply it in proper layers, first use water-based products as they penetrate easily within the skin. Then use oil-based products over it to moisturise the skin properly.
5. Drink about 8 glasses of water per day to promote a clearer skin. Herbal teas can also be effective like spearmint tea, dandelion root tea, and others.
6. Eat fruits and vegetables high in water such as celery which offers further hydration to your skin.
7. Omega-3 essential fatty acids play an important role in the skin, particularly in skin cell membranes. You can acquire omega-3 fatty acids when you consume foods such as salmon, walnuts, hemp seeds, flaxseeds, and others.
Love natural face masks? Check out this easy-to-make Avocado Mask
NATURAL RECIPES FOR HYDRATING THE SKIN:
- The avocado mask works well to soothe the dry and wrinkled skin. Prepare an avocado mask with a puree of half avocado, tsp of olive oil and tbsp. of honey. Mix all the ingredients, now apply this mask over your face and leave it for 15-20 minutes. Now wash it off and you’ll feel a moisturised skin!
- Use coconut oil, olive oil or other plant-based oils to moisturise the skin. Massage your face daily at night with these oils to help hydrate the skin.
Did you know? Pretty Pod contains Phytoceramides that penetrates all layers of the skin, harnessing the ability to lock in moisture from the inside out!
Natural ingredients work well for hydrating the skin so definitely give it a try! PLUS taking your daily dose of Pretty Pod will help you reintroduce moisture into your skin again!